Latest Entries »
My Voodoo Valentine
Tis the day that most men run around like headless chickens, hopping into the nearest convenient petrol station on their way home because they’ve only just realised that some women in the office have been crying over hand-delivered arrangements of vastly over-priced, but beautiful bunches of crimson flowers.. And lots of women, crawl into bed, wondering why they ever bother with their man at all.
I’m not against it, though. In fact I welcome it. Afterall, those three little words, when meant sincerely, on any day of the year can produce the best feeling in the world if reciprocated. Why not have a day to reinforce that and spoil a loved one a little. So, this post isn’t meant to be an argument for for or against Valentine’s Day, but, more that I want to share the daft present my best friend bought me to make me giggle. And giggle I did.
G. I got you a gift
P. Errrm, why?
G. It’s only something small
P. Size doesn’t matter!
G. I saw it and thought of you
P. You are so lovely xo
G. You haven’t seen it yet!
I arrived at school, my friend was already waiting in the warm little nook we huddle into most days. There were 5 other women in there today. I asked if there was room for a tiddler *titter* She hands me the bag and mouths “don’t open it yet” so, this begs at least a little peek. Right? I peek and I do my light up face. I look up and all eyes are on me. So, deadpan I say “she’s bought me a dildo” riotous laughter ensues and I just know she just died a little. Fun though.. ;) Anywho, then we’re let in.. and I didn’t rectify the facts. Oopsie. So, the gift? Ah, this is what I saw first.
Coming home, I take it out to look without prying eyes..
I edited this image to include the picsart image on the left. It made me chuckle, look, after I have stuck pins in him, he’ll float to, well, heaven..somewhere..that could be helpful.
It said it came with 8 pins, I got 10, woo! Extra pinning.. might be lucky, no? And pin him I did, take note of the double pinnage and where. I’m a simple girl; rude and kissing.. that’s me all over. Then I stuck one in each of the others. Because. You. Just. Never. Know.
So, if you had a Voodoo Valentine, what would it say under your pins?
Happy Valentine’s Day
May all of your Cupid’s arrows, hit the right butts.
The Beginning, Middle and End of Everything..
there are decisions that flutter through the mind
like a bird gliding over a mirror-surfaced lake
ones that elevate the heart, effortless and confident
then there are the ones that twist and darken our imagination
those are not so easy when persuasion lurks
shapeless, stalking forms of uncertainty
there are decisions that you hanker to be taken from you
an ache to be free from choice, even when the word no exists
a preference to leave that out for a time, through declaration
until such time, if needed, a decision to say no arises
even then, will they realise that the decision is final?
now’s the time for you to trust them that it is so
decisions, the lifeblood of now, tomorrow, next week, forever
gut~wrenching, soul~lifting affirmations of what we require
what we think we want, need and ultimately live for
decisions so harrowing, the rabbit hole feels safer
ones that hurt, but ultimately befitting of our path
decisions, choices, live, life, fuck, love.
Welcome to my poem for Rebel’s WickedWednesday this week. The non~compulsory prompt was DECISIONS. I’m afraid my effort is not too wicked, but it needed to come out. Please support everyone else playing along by clicking on the icon below.
Welcome again to my weekly round~up of images from my week. Unfortunately, I am a week missing, of which I’m quite sad about, but, onward! This week, I have realised it’s all been about words…
- I’ve had quite an emotional few weeks, some not of my doing, some definitely of my own doing. My lovely friend, Gemma, gifted me this little hanging plaque to remember. I think its wording is beautiful.
- I was given some sweeties to try this week… guess what they were called.. ;)
- In a gorgeous little cafe in the village of Slaithwaite this week called ‘Penny’s Pantry’ and two of their hanging signs struck quite a cord. Quite a short but to the point message.
- Meds. Word. This is the cocktail that stop me being so depressed, gives me false sunshine, stops babies being made, stops some pain and helps to manage the sugar that goes into my body. Quite the breakfast.
- I received new wellingtons in the post this week, and before they were christened with that brown muddy stuff I frequently get covered in at walkies time, they needed a proper debut..
- Another little shabby chic sign in Penny’s Pantry and one I can definitely advocate these past few weeks spending time with a really wonderful friend.
- And lastly, I just couldn’t not share this with you. My little boy was so proud to give this to me, last Monday. A lunchtime credit for being kind to his friends in school. Proud as punch mum I am.
Sinful Sunday #147
My Macrolicious Mouth
& other parts…
I love my mouth, for all that comes out of it, and all that goes in..
I know these aren’t all strictly macro, but in the third shot, I wanted to squeeze in as many of the parts I like about myself the most. My eyes, or here, my eye, (any reference to Leela is likely to make me like you more) the moles on my upper lip and chest, my boobs, my mouth, my hair.. I quite like quite a lot of me in hindsight :)
I took these yesterday morning, I am so glad I uploaded them before my phone was destroyed.
I hope you enjoy my Sinful Sunday this week, click the icon below to see whom else is joining in Molly’s successful meme…
The last image in this series was chosen by Molly for her Top 5 round up, I am so utterly chuffed at being included. It never fails to make me feel so proud of being amongst such talented people.
Welcome to my past week’s photography round up.. I realised after compiling this week’s collection that a lot of it is about growth. Not just organic life, but growth personally, as a woman. Don’t get me wrong, I still make mistakes. Par for the norm for me. Though in lots of ways, this has been a much better week.
1. Four images this week eminate from York, last Thursday I went to meet a very good friend of mine. York twice in two weeks, I’m a travelling girl dontchya know.. I couldn’t resist this beautiful rose gently adorned with rain drops.
2. Another from York. I defy anyone to walk past this sign and not chuckle. Anything that mentions ‘whip’ goes straight into my 365 :P and besides, what a brilliant name for a street!
3. Now, I have no clue what this is. Some sort of fungi/mould? But little pieces were peppered all over the woodland floor where I walk the pups. Above all what a brilliant colour.
4. Beautiful Bailey waiting to jump down over the wall to explore the greenery beyond. I can’t wait for snow to arrive. The pups are going to have a field day.
5. Whilst in York, my friend and I hit the finest breakfast eatery known as Filmore and Union. Primarily a health food eatery. This is soft boiled eggs, with side salad, creme fraiche & rye bread soldiers. It was lovely but far too sophisticated a palate for the likes of me.
6. This was growing on a wall I have to walk past on the way home after walking my pups. Now, I could be wrong but it looks like a sunflower seed. I just thought it beautiful. Windswept and surviving.
7. York has a history of Cats on Buildings. They make you explore the city in ways you may not imagine. This cat caught our eye as it’s the one of the few with a companion. A rather unfortunate pigeon. Google the history and learn a little more.
I hope you’ve had a good week.. I look forward to sharing with you next week..